The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced the latest edition of the ICC rankings on Wednesday. A massive gain by Australian and Indian cricketers was witnessed as the Kangaroos outplayed South Africa for a clinical series whitewash whereas the Men in Blue dominated the touring Lankan party in the first ODI.
Here’s a glimpse of all the major trends in the latest ICC Rankings:
Men’s Test Cricket Rankings
- Australian batsman Usman Khwaja emerged as the most thumping gainer after he moved four places up and stormed into the Top 10 back on his solid 195-run knock against South Africa in the final test.
- Ace New Zealand batsman Tom Latham who scored a couple of vital knocks against Pakistan in the second test (71 & 62) moved a place up to the 19th position.
- Frontline Kiwi batsman Devon Conway climbed three spots up to the 21st position in the batting rankings after his resilient century against Pakistan in the final test.
- Pakistan batsman Saud Shakeel also witnessed a massive jump in his rankings after he moved up 20 places to the 30th position after scoring his maiden test century against New Zealand.
- Amongst the bowlers, Josh Hazlewood gained significantly and stormed into the Top 10 after his brilliant five-wicket haul against the Proteas.
- Labuschagne and Cummins continue to conquer the reign as they lead the batting and bowling rankings respectively.
Men’s ODI Rankings
- Run-machine Virat Kohli has been a stunning gainer after he moved up two spots to the sixth position owing to his magnificent match-winning century against Sri Lanka in the first ODI.
- Indian skipper Rohit Sharma also powered a glittery knock of 83 runs that helped him to climb a spot and sit at the 8th position amongst the batsmen.
- Sri Lankan skipper Dasun Shanaka has climbed by 20 spots to the 61st position after his heroics of a commanding century that went in vain.
- Sizzling paceman Mohammed Siraj has been a handsome gainer in the bowlers as he moved up four places to the 18th position after his breathtaking performance in the first ODI.
Men’s T20I Rankings
No major changes were witnessed in the T20I rankings. Glorious Indian batsman Suryakumar Yadav continues to top the chart after his marvellous century in the decisive T20I against Sri Lanka.